Frequenting the public library has lots of perks.
Storytime
Cheap books for my classroom
Sweet prizes for completing the summer reading program
Books
Close proximity to Starbucks
Rock shows
Oh yeah, I said rock shows.
Max and I were hanging around after storytime one morning when a group of moms were talking about the upcoming rock show held right there in the library (shhhh).
They were raving about the band and how good the music was and how they found themselves listening to it when the kids weren't in the car.
Better than Yo Gabba Gabba?
We'll see about that, I thought to myself.
Never one to miss out on something cool, I loaded Max into the Outback that Saturday morning to check out the rock show. You could tell right away who the super fans were.
Sorry the picture is so blurry.
There was just too much rocking going on to focus.
Max and I fell hard from the start.
We left that show with 3 CDs and a mission to see as many Not-Its shows we could that summer.
We left that show with 3 CDs and a mission to see as many Not-Its shows we could that summer.
In the words of Max, the Not-Its are "loud".
We've made it to two other shows since then and we're working on building a nice little South Sound fan club.
We've already recruited Bella.
She's total VP material.
Max spent the first two shows in my lap.
He's more of a silent observer.
But I could tell from his toe tapping that he was digging it.
I, on the other hand, have most of the songs memorized.
At every show they choose someone from the audience to sing a song about.
It's a total rock star song.
I really hope they pick me some time.
So far all of their picks have been little kids but I'm not ready to loose hope.
Sure they talk about bugging your parents with loud music but I can relate to that.
I played Hole way too loud in the 5th grade and it really bugged my parents. In my defense, I had some pre-teen angst to work through and Courtney Love understood that.
Something magical happened at the last show we went to.
I can only guess that the awesomeness of the Not-Its had finally reached Max's inner soul.
He got up.
And he rocked out.
Hey! Hey! Hey!
Luckily Nick was there to witness it.
And luckily I had someone to help me chase Max around.
We celebrated by picking up a Not-Its t-shirt from the merch table. Unfortunately I no longer fit into a 6x so Max was the only one who got one.
But he totally earned it.
You seriously should check out their next show.
The Not-Its have pretty much rocked our summer.
1 comment:
You crack me up, Katie! I enjoyed this blog - let us know when the next one is so we can rock out with you!
Post a Comment