Here's how our summer has played out thus far.
1. Books
Max enrolled in the public library summer reading program.
He fills out a sheet for every ten books that he reads remains in near our laps while we read.
Then he gets to turn his sheet in for sweet prizes.
Like this mini flashlight.
And of course a prestigious certificate.
At the end of the summer one lucky reader will be awarded a laptop.
How pissed do you think some summer readers will be if a 2 year old wins the laptop?
In Max's defense, I only record books that he actually sits all the way through.
He likes to declare, "done" a few pages in.
Then he likes to "pretend" that he's tucking us in by making us lay down and close our eyes as he sneaks out the door. Happens nightly, folks.
In other book news, Max has moved from my lap to putting his hands on his own carpet square at story time.
Progress.
2. Projects
I love starting new projects.
Here are the ones I've actually finished.
Here are the ones I've actually finished.
Hello light!
I spray pained this little table.
Nick says candy cane. I say croquette mallet.
Our kitchen cart went from a light wood to "hello yellow"
I took the leftover drawers from Max's play kitchen and created shelves for the bathroom.
Max got himself a sweet little kitchen from what used to be our bar and before that my sister's desk.
And my last project was this little tent.
I got the idea from Julie.
Max loves it thinks it's OK.
3. Water
We have spent a ton of time out on Fox Island with Nick's family and Hood Canal with my family. I love that these adventures have taught Max about campfires, s'mores, crabs (the ocean kind), boats, and the importance of sunscreen and other sun protectiveness. He hasn't had a sunburn yet (thank God. Nothing would make me feel like a bigger asshole. I know it will happen eventually and I am already beating myself up over it.)
Do you like how I am reading a Parenting magazine and a book about Ted Bundy at the same time?
4. Random photos that further illustrate our rad summer
Wish this were my house but it's not.
Pop its. I felt this one needed a description.
Waiting patiently to be noticed so he could ask for his free cookie at Metro Market.
Fabulous burgers and Max's first (but not last) milkshake from Redmill for Sarah's welcome home/birthday party.
I think my feelings about this summer can best be summarized by the iconic theme song from the Golden Arches: "Ba-da-ba-ba-ba I'm loving it!"
Sorry to my instagram followers for the review here.
To my Grandpa Walt: Here is how you get on Instagram.
1. Go to the App store on your iPad
2. Search for Instagram
3. Download the App
4. You will have to create a username and password
5. Search for me. My username is kcadams25
Call me if you need help.
Love you guys!

























































2 comments:
Love the update! I miss you blogging! You've inspired me to enroll Ryan into the summer reading program.
Gawd I like you.
Post a Comment