We started the day off right with smoothies and a story from Nana.
Then we loaded up the BOB and headed to the Junior Daffodil Parade on Proctor with the rest of North Tacoma.
Next on the agenda was story time at the library.
Everyone must have been outside at the parade because when I walked in after running to get coffee, the only kids on the carpet squares were Max and the story teller's daughter.And the only people singing "5 Little Ducks" were Nick and the story teller. Dad of the year, right there.
We had a quick lunch in the backyard, ran to Lowes for some yard work supplies, and swung by Dave's Meat and Produce for some carne asada and asparagus (we had this exact same thing for dinner the night before and it was so good we wanted it again). I feed Max M&M's from the front seat to make sure he didn't fall asleep in the car and ruin nap time. Mom of the year, right there.
While Max napped, Nick and I did some major yard work
We celebrated our hard work with some cold beers.
Deschutes Brewery's new seasonal beer is delish.
The little dude woke up shortly after we swept up the last pile of grass clippings.
We lounged in the sun while Nick barbecued our dinner.
Max felt a little left out that he didn't get to help with the yard work so he raked the patio
![]() | ||||
| After dinner, we had a twin photo shoot. |
Max is now asleep.
I'm blogging and watching Shark Tank.
Nick is playing Word Welder.
I think I want another beer.
Good night.











1 comment:
1. Michael refused to go to the parade this year because he never wants to see another bag piper in entire life yet he bawled when he found out that the parade did take place and he wasn't there.
2. Is the beer Chain Breakers? If so we love it too.
3. Got a chuckle about the song.
4. Love the flip flops. Michael has those and I think they are the cutest things ever:)
Post a Comment