Nick was away on a fun filled bachelor party weekend in Whistler.
I was supposed to have my own Canadian adventure in Vancouver with some girlfriends but when I dusted off my passport Friday morning it was expired.
Super sucky.
So I started planning a wild and crazy weekend for Max and me.
Saturday morning we kicked things off at the public library's story time. Uncle Chris, Lorelei, and Grandma (who Max now calls "Bamma") were there to greet us. He was the only toddler there with an entourage.
True to form, Max spent the first 25 minutes on or near my lap and the last 5 all over the place.
Enjoy the video.
After story time we headed out to the beach for the night.
Max played on the beach, bathed in the sink and had his first sample of Papa's popcorn.
(It's insanely good. I'm talking stove-top, oil, salt, good.)
I drank beer and did a puzzle that had more than 8 pieces.
750 to be exact.
Start to finish in one night.
Puzzle master.
Today we went on a run (with a few blocks of walking), did some yard work, and dinned on some pizza outside.
Nick texted me at about 6:00 to say that he was just getting out of the hot tub and starting to get ready to go out. I replied, "that's great. We just mowed both yards and now we're making dinner."
I'm glad he's having fun but he better be 100% ready to plan that Disneyland vacation I've been dreaming of for the past ten years.
Now, somebody please come over and do my lesson plans for me while I drink a beer and watch Interior Therapy with Jeff Lewis on Bravo.




No comments:
Post a Comment