June 12, 2011

The Birthday

We celebrated the big 1 this weekend. I just cannot believe that it has already been a whole year. Max has truly brought so much love and excitement into our little life.
Here's a little re-cap of the weekend starting with some party details.
 Monthly pictures of Maxwell. Big thanks to The Macs for the inspirations.
LOVE this picture. Max was born just two months before I graduated with my master's degree in education from Lesley.

Nick baked the birthday cake. I helped with the sprinkles and created that nice little dent in the top right-hand corner when I tried to help with the frosting.
I'm so glad Nick took home economics in high school. He can sew, too.

Max made this "ohhh" face all weekend long. He just couldn't believe his luck.

He loved this tricycle from Aunt Kelly and Uncle Jacob.

He was pleased as punch to give it a spin around the house.

We all thought Max would be terrified of this "hand" puppet from my parents.

But he thought it was super cool.

And super funny.


And super cute.*
*I do remember being taught not to start sentences with "and" and I do teach my third graders not to but I love doing it. Only in the blog world.

Max got to spend lots of time with his family, like Grandpa J. I really thought he was going to be overwhelmed with all of the people but once again he surprised me.

Here's where I WAS actually able to predict my son's behavior.
He wanted nothing to do with the cake. Too messy. And he had more playing to do.

After all the playing and partying Max still had enegry left for some party tricks. Enjoy!



Happy Birthday, Maxwell! 

No comments: