June 28, 2011

Done

The chalkboard is done. The chairs are done. And the summer list is done. I've spent the last two days working on the item two rows down, in the middle.
Not only did I have to move my classroom but I had to move it to a portable. Not only am I teaching in a portable next year but I'm also teaching another grade level. I've had myself a little pitty party today with a guest list of 1.

I know everything will turn out fine in the end but for today I want to feel sorry for myself. I treated myself to a pedicure this afternoon to make me feel better. It was nice but nothing cheers me up better than this guy:


I say he took his first step today but Nick says it doesn't count. To him a step must involve both feet in a forward motion. To me that sounds like steps-plural.
He moved one foot forward while standing.
He took one step.
Way to go toots. Momma is proud.
 And I think Dad is bummed that he missed it.
Don't worry Nick. It'll happen again soon. (I just overheard him tell him mom on the phone that he took a step today. Sweet dad WAS bummed that he missed it.)

3 comments:

Heidi said...

I like that the Pub Crawl is checked off the list ;)

Sarah said...

One step totally counts! Love your chalk board, maybe you can come over to make me one???? The first thing on the list can be to remain sane.

Jess said...

love the summer list idea! thanks for the inspiration!