January 8, 2012

Time Out

Max had his first time out today.



He kept grabbing Ruby's leg and laughing.
It's pretty important that we squash this behavior fast.
Here is Ruby four days after she joined our family.



She's fragile. 
This cannot happen again.

So when Max wouldn't stop laughing, Nick and I looked at each other nervously and I said, "should we put him in time out?"
"
So Nick picked him up as we frantically tried to decide upon a "time out spot."


There's a small space in between our entertainment stand and the fireplace that is now our "time out spot."
Max was sentenced to 1.5 minutes there.

At first he laughed.
And I pulled the neck off my shirt up over my mouth and laughed with him.
Nick stood strong.


Once he realized that he was in trouble he started to cry.
Really cry.
But he stayed in the corner.

I didn't cry. But I felt like I could.
Good thing Nick was there.


Once he stopped crying time out was over.
Thank God.

This was definitely one of those moments where I realize we have no idea what in the hell we're doing.
Hopefully this was our one and only time out.
Seriously.

1 comment:

* Chrissy * said...

Omg this made me laugh! Missed you on the blog lady! Glad to see max's cute smile. I don't know what I'm doing either...but that's the secret of parenting. :)