You're almost two.
How have two whole years flown by so quickly?
Yesterday you were playing with your sock monkey like it was your baby.
You'd never done that before.
You gave it kisses and changed its diaper.
Then you started throwing it across the room.
You're going to be such a good parent someday.
You are so busy.
We're almost always outside.
Throwing balls. Playing with water. Mowing the lawn.
Just whatever. As long as we are outside.
You get pretty ticked when we have to go inside.
I love our mornings together.
Getting ready. Drinking our smoothies. Going to Starbucks.
Getting ready. Drinking our smoothies. Going to Starbucks.
You kind of threw a fit today when I didn't get you anything.
But that's OK.
I throw fits when I don't get my Starbucks, too.
We're so much alike.
What I'm getting at here, Max, is that I like you a lot.
You're a really cool kid and I feel pretty lucky that you're mine.
Did I forget to tell you that there are only 28 days of school left?
28 more days and it's you and me, kid.
2 comments:
When is his bday? We are approaching 2 and I an't believe it. Yesterday when watching little einstien's G said, "Mama, I want a lion." And i was shocked. And said "ok." Then I got a glass of wine because I think I'm ready to do this again.
Sweet post. And how fun (and what a blessing) to have summers together...
Post a Comment