May 18, 2012

TGIF

It's Friday. 
Thank God. 
Nick hit the off button on the alarm instead of the snooze. 
We got up at 7:05 and I needed to have Max at daycare at 7:30 so I could make it to my 8:15 staff meeting.
When you're cut short on time you have to prioritize. 
I brushed my teeth and got my 30 oz coffee from Starbucks and that's about it. 
Did you know they now have a trente at Starbucks?
I now understand how gateway drugs work. 

You start out at a respectable 16 oz but soon that doesn't cut it anymore, so you move up to 20. A few months later the barista pulls you in close to let you know that your drink is now available in 30 ounces. You go for it that day but tell yourself there's no way you are going to drink 30 ounces of perfect iced coffee everyday. Only special occasions like MSP testing and parent teacher conferences. 

Two months later you're drinking those 30 ounces everyday and you're ordering it under your breath because you're embarrassed. And you should be. Because the next thing you know you're going to be walking into Starbucks with a Double Big Gulp cup acting like it's no different than the patron in front of you who brought their own insulated cup from home.   

Enough about me. 
Let's talk about Max. 














Take it easy!

      

1 comment:

Julie said...

You really need to try making Pioneer Womans iced coffee. Jim and I both love it! (my phone won't let me paste the link) :( anyway, you should definitely try it, it saves loads of $!