June 24, 2012

Party!

Guess who's on summer vacay?
I've been chillin with friends at the mall, cruising along Ruston Way, and tanning at the beach. 
Oh wait. I have a kid, I'm married, and I live in Washington. 

Here's what I've really been up to.
 
We finally took Max's crib down after a week or so of him sleeping in the big bed.
 My sister and her husband happened to put up their baby's crib on that very same day. 
I got a kick out of that. 

Max was a good helper.

Nick did some yardwork while Max and I played carpour. It's like parkour but in the car. He basically just climbs from the front seat to the back seat and turns on all the lights.
Sometimes his moves require glasses. 





In food news picky pants turned down a bacon cheeseburger. 
Sinful.

 We got a visit from my college friend Megan, her husband, and her two sweet kids. 
Max and Benny are just about one year apart and they got along great. 
Somebody give these two the gold medal for sharing. 

 We went to Gibson's for frozen yogurt. 

 And then the park to burn off some energy before bed. 

We also got a surprise visit from my favorite nieces. 




 And Max got one step closer to riding this bike on his own.

His feet just barely reach the ground. 

I love these kinds of weekends.
Low-key and filled with good company. 
And being with all of these two-kid families has really got me thinking. 
It's got me thinking that I am really content with one. 
For now. 
Tomorrow might be another story. 

1 comment:

* Chrissy * said...

Be careful with carpour. Ryan and I played that a while ago and the next day my car battery was dead. Apparently he turned the parking lights on and we had no idea...