June 22, 2012

Update

Hey there. 
Here's what we've been up to in these parts. 

Max got a new bed for his birthday. 
He's digging it. Hasn't slept in his crib since it arrived. 

We celebrated Father's Day with Nick's dad. 
Max calls him "J". 
We went to a wedding. 


I taught Max my favorite childhood game, library. 



























We played with chalk. 


We started a garden.  

 We played with the pups. 

We styled our hair with syrup. 

We did a little digging.

We even saw some blue skies. 

Which helped Max develop his first farmer's tan. 

Now that school is out, I started working on our summer list. 
 But first we had to take down the birthday decorations.

Here's what we've got planned for the summer so far.

What have you been up to?

2 comments:

A.B. said...

That canvas is the bees knees! How did you transition to the big boy bed. I need details. And why. did he ask? I need a parenting How to list. Don't give me theory.

NickandKatieAdams said...

Here's the short story of how and why we decided to switch beds.

We decided to move Max to a bigger bed because I wanted to pick out new sheets and my parents offered to get him a bed for his birthday. He did enjoy lounging around in our bed but truthfully, I wasn't really sure he was ready for the move.

We set the bed up and left the crib up as well.
We decided to let him sleep in the bed when he was ready.
On his Birthday we were reading in his big bed and when we tried to put him in his crib he said, "no" so we left him in the big bed and said, "lay down. Goodnight."
It was that easy.
And he's slept all night in the bed since then.
Counting my blessings right now.