July 12, 2011

What a Night

Nick decided to till the front bed this evening after work.
It needed it.
Now it needs real plants.
Max was in a funky mood so I thought watching his Dad work might cheer him up or at least distract him for a few minutes.

He had a perfect view.
Even Sam wanted to see what was going on.

This kept Max's attention for much longer than a few minutes.

It was just long enough for Miss Ruby to make an escape out the front door.

That little stinker!
We used our usual tricks of yelling "treat" and "hungry?" and when that didn't work we went to our last resort. We shut the front door and yelled, "you're lost, Ruby!"
Who are we kidding??
She doesn't want to come home.
She wants to explore the wild North End.

Tonight we got solid proof as to why she likes to escape so much. 

 What is that in her mouth?

A turd?
A Baby Ruth?
A stogie?

Nope. It's a giant smoked sausage.
Ruby scored big time tonight.
Now she has smoked sausage breath which honestly is an improvement.

I really wish someone would have been videotaping Nick and I chasing Ruby and her sausage around the front yard.
I laughed so hard it hurt.
 

No comments: