July 9, 2011

Zoo Round 2 - Ding! Ding!

Despite the fact that I like to make plans about when we are going to sit down and actually make plans, I'm a really a fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants girl. So instead of working on the basement like I'd planned, we decided at the last minute to go to the zoo this morning.

Let me tell you, going to the zoo at 9AM is where it's at.
No lines.
No grumpy kids.
Freshly cleaned bathrooms.
Well-rested animals (except for the nocturnal ones, of course)

We felt bad about leaving Sam & Ruby behind so we told them that we'd plan a hot tub party for next weekend and be sure to hand out invitations to the animals we thought would enjoy some fun in the sun with the two best Italian Greyhounds in town.
Here's who made the cut and a few who didn't.
We don't discriminate against size, so this guy got an invite too.
 Wouldn't be a party without these guys.
Sorry, buddy. We aren't cat people.
And we don't have a pool so you guys can't come either.
Should be a pretty fun party.
We had a nice time handing out the invites. Max is such a good a helper.
The zoo is much better with company.




**Update: Just remembered that Zoobilee is next weekend. Hot tub party is canceled.
Sorry Sam & Ruby

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Fun, fun fun! I'm thinking about taking the boys tomorrow morning. I'm a fly by the seat of my pants sort of girl too so we will have to see how I feel tomorrow:)

* Chrissy * said...

We're hittin' up Woodlawn Park Zoo tomorrow! Morning time is always the best time to go, unless you're a member and you go to member night. Glad to see you guys had fun!Next time call me and we'll meet you down there.